Prospective Graduate Students
Stanford University has over 8,000 graduate students pursuing degrees in more than 65 departments and programs. We hope these resources will be helpful as you plan your visit to campus.
What to do
- Pick up a self-guided tour map and walk around campus at your leisure, or take a one-hour, student-led Campus Walking Tour at 11am or 3:15pm.
- See a panoramic view of the area from the Hoover Tower Observation Platform, 285 feet above Stanford’s campus.
- Enjoy a meal at one of our many campus eateries or dining halls.
Housing Offices and Graduate Resources
- The Student Housing Office is located on 630 Serra Street.
- The Graduate Community Center is located on 750 Escondido Road.
- The offices of the Vice Provost for Graduate Education are located in Building 310 of the Main Quad.
Graduate Programs and Admission
Requirements for admission vary greatly among departments and programs, and some are more equipped than others to meet with drop-in prospective graduate students. Therefore, we encourage visitors to consult the Web sites of the department, program, or school of interest to find out more about applying to specific departments prior to visiting.
Graduate Admissions in the Office of the Registrar provides application information and materials for nearly all graduate degree programs. See Graduate Admissions or call (650) 723-4291. Also:Updated on December 20, 2018 10:39 AM